It's time to say/do something - try neuro-creating!
Time & Location
About the Event
There are many reasons why we feel stuck in a problem situation. And when that happens, we may find ourselves feeling helpless because we cannot control many of the things that are happening to us. You might even be in a space where it’s just so difficult to say what truly matters to you – and that’s painful because we, as human beings, are meant to say something. We are meant to have a voice that speaks out. We are meant to create.
Join us for a weekend of neuro-creating as we use the medium of drama to move just one step forward and more. You will
· gain insight into how your brain works during problem situations and how you can begin moving forward in times of ‘stuckness’
· experience the mind-body connection and how movement can influence your mind
· release unwanted tension in your body as you choose to move and to create
· embody different forms of learnings about yourself while creating
Please note that this course requires participation in some strenuous activities.
Neuro-creating is a combination of Neuro-linguistic programming tools and drama elements. Split Theatre has been using this combination in their devising/creation process and the journey of re-enactment has led to the activation of hidden resources within the performers. Through neruo-creating, they have found answers within themselves to issues that they had been stuck with for a long time.
Here are what past participants of 'Neuro-creating' have to say:
“There is something cathartic about telling your own story. However, sometimes it can be challenging to verbalize truthfully what it is that you're trying to say. Through NLP, Darryl helps us to look deeper into ourselves to distill the essence of what we're trying to express and shape it into a coherent movement piece. In the process, we learn to build a physical score and make associations, which helps us become stronger storytellers.” (Hoe Wei Qi, 26)
“Doing drama with Darryl has given me the opportunity to realise what I am struggling with within me. Even if I do not come to a resolution, the process itself helps me to spend time processing an incident/emotion, and I learn to co-exist with it, and I have developed another language to articulate pain.”
(Lim Ci Xuan, 25)
“I have been feeling stuck for a long while, both as a person and as a storyteller. The exercises demand spontaneity, and we are made to/encouraged to let go of our thoughts, our inhibitions and just go with our instincts, to listen to our instincts. I must admit that I was terrified – suddenly, I could not hide behind my defences and instead, have to become more vulnerable. But it is precisely through these exercises that I find myself being able to connect with my mind and my body, which have so long been so foreign to me. I have learnt to be vulnerable to others, and to myself, and just let myself flow. Through NLP, we learnt to not only dig deep within ourselves but also learn how to create, to speak out, and to share what we have with others.”
(Ella Wee, 23)
"Going through Darryl’s experience of exploring one’s story is very cathartic. His sensitivity to one’s stories makes one feel safe to explore our own stories a little bit more deeply. Even when topics can get a little bit difficult and hard, Darryl is able to facilitate the discussion such that it is still comfortable for the explorer. After attending a few sessions, I've also learnt that it’s important to keep an empty head and let things come naturally, and after being able to do that, I realised how an empty head may actually help you figure out the knots in the heart! Thanks Darryl!"
(Clement Yeo, 21)
"Working with Darryl has always been a refreshing, surprising and often times reflective experience. I am allowed to explore my own thoughts, feelings and physicality without judgement and with careful guidance. I am led to challenge myself and create, even as I move out of my comfort zone. It has been an extremely rewarding experience."
(Mabel Yeo, 29)
Trainer: Darryl Lim is an NLP trainer and coach from You Matter NLP Coaching and Training, as well as the artistic director of Split Theatre. Split Theatre is known for working with the personal stories of actor-participants, giving space for each person to say something in a safe yet empowering way. Here’s an article on our latest production: Hands Up! Darryl is also a theatre academic/practitioner who researches on self-development through drama. As creators (yes! you can be a creator!) work on themselves and re-create personal stories, there are possibilities through which they can come to certain realisations for themselves. It's all about activating the resources that are already within us to help get us unstuck in life!
Event Timing: 3rd and 4th July, 0900-1700 hrs for each day (lunch and two tea-breaks, as well as free-flow coffee/tea/bottled water will be provided)
Pre-Event Coaching: All participants will be entitled to ONE 90-minute coaching session before the event via zoom. This will set the tone and expectations for the weekend.
Venue: NUSS (Suntec City Guild House)
- Reserve your spot before 15th May 2021 and get the early bird 15% discount. (Simply use the discount code: EARLYNEURO. This code is only applicable for 1 PAX tickets.)
- Should you require an installment plan, you may book your slot with a S$200/- deposit and we'll invoice the rest to you at the beginning of May. You will be charged the early bird price if you complete your purchase before 15th May 2021. Please note that there will be strictly no refund for this payment plan.
- Join with a friend and pay only S$450/- each. (This offer has no expiry date.)
- Withdrawal from the course before 1 June 2021: 50% refund
- Withdrawal from the course between 1 June 2021- after course commences: No refund
- Withdrawal from the course after paying deposit for installment plan: No refund
- Cost includes: Workshop training logistics, training materials, 2 scrumptious lunches and 4 tea-breaks, as well as free-flow coffee/tea/bottled water
Feel free to contact me via the chat on this page if you have questions. Do leave your email/contact so that I can get back to you! Alternatively, you may contact me via the form at the bottom of the page, and we can arrange to meet for coffee/tea to find out more about your needs - drinks on me! :)
- 1 Pax$550$5500$0
- 2 Pax$900$9000$0
- Deposit (For installment plan)$200$2000$0